Gold is a high-quality hedge hedging tool, favored by investors. Especially in recent years, with the increasing instability of the world economy, gold has become one of the preferred asset allocations of investors because of its functions of hedging and fighting inflation.
Earlier, the worsening situation in Ukraine sent gold prices soaring to a two-year high of $2,070 an ounce. But gold, along with other commodities, fell back last week as conditions changed and bulls took profits, hitting a low of $1,895 an ounce. Rising gold prices may also have an impact on the Mo2C Powder prices.
According to China Business News, Goldman Sachs raised its gold price forecast in early March, considering Asian buyers' gold consumption demand, investment demand and central bank gold purchase demand continue to rise. Three -, six - and 12-month targets were raised to $2,300, $2,500 and $2,500 an ounce, respectively, from $1,950, $2,050 and $2,150. The last time all three accelerated was in 2010-11 when gold prices rose nearly 70%.
The World Gold Council has also noted that global gold demand is at its highest level in nearly two years, which is linked to a recovery in consumption and consumer sentiment to combat inflation.
About Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
The molecular formula of molybdenum carbide is Mo2C, the molecular weight is 203.88, and the carbon content is 5.89%. It is a dark gray metal powder with a closely packed hexagonal crystal lattice. The density is 9.18g/cm and the melting point is 2690℃. As a new type of functional material, it has a high melting point and hardness, good thermal and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. It has been widely used in high-temperature resistance, wear-resistance and chemical corrosion resistance. field.
Molybdenum carbide has a hexagonal crystal structure, a = 0.30029nm, c = 0.472895nm. Micro Vickers hardness (load 50g) 1950kg/mm2 (compared to 2080kg of WC). / mm2 is softer) Melting point is 2687℃. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder in bulk.
Features of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide CAS 12069-89-5 is a gray hexagonal crystal. It has the characteristics of high melting point and hardness, good thermal stability and mechanical stability, and good corrosion resistance. The melting point is 2692°C. It is insoluble in water and alkaline liquid, and slightly soluble in nitric acid, sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid.
Molecular formula: Mo2C
CAS Code: 12069-89-5
Appearance and properties：gray black metal powder
Melting point: 2690℃
Technical Parameter of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
|Chemical Composition||Mo+C||C||Free C||S||O||Fe|
|Test Result (%)||99||11.3||0.2||0.02||0.4||0.12|
How is Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder produced?
1. Generally, molybdenum carbide powder is made first (using molybdenum and carbon direct chemical method, metal oxide and carbon reduction-chemical method, vapor deposition method and self-propagating high-temperature synthesis method), and then in a vacuum or reducing atmosphere in the carbon tube Furnace, molybdenum wire furnace, high-frequency vacuum furnace for sintering (reaction sintering, hot pressing sintering and hot isostatic pressing sintering are mostly used).
2. After the molybdenum powder and carbon black are fully mixed, they are ground by a ball mill and pressed into shape. In a hydrogen gas stream, the product is calcined at 1350-1500°C, and then the calcined product is cooled, crushed, and ground. Or use molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide instead of molybdenum powder reduction method.
3. Auxiliary metal bath method.
Using cobalt as the auxiliary metal, select Mo: Co to form a metal bath at a ratio of 1:(1～1.5), heat it in a pure graphite crucible with a Taman furnace in a hydrogen stream to 1800°C, and cool it (heating to 1800°C within 1h) ℃, keep at 1800℃ for 2～3h, cooling to room temperature takes 2h), crush the solidified product in the crucible, treat it with warm hydrochloric acid, and dissolve and remove the cobalt, and then obtain powdered Mo2C with a particle size of 150～350μm, the purity is: Containing 5.82%～5.85% (mass) of bound carbon, 0.26%～0.32% (mass) of free carbon, 6.08%～6.17% (mass) of total carbon.
4. Manufactured by the carbonization of metallic molybdenum.
Molybdenum trioxide MoO3 is hydrogenated and reduced to obtain molybdenum powder. Then the mixture of molybdenum powder and carbon black [Mo934% (mass) C6.6% (mass)] is dry-mixed with a ball mill for about 10 hours, and molded under pressure at a pressure of about 1t/cm2. Put the pressurized material block into a graphite pan or crucible, and heat it to 1400～1500 in a hydrogen stream (using pure hydrogen with a dew point of about -35℃) with a Taman furnace or an induction heating furnace (see picture) ℃, keep at this temperature for about 1h. Carbonize molybdenum to generate Mo2C.
5. Using synthetic methods.
First, the molybdenum powder is thoroughly mixed with carbon black [containing V6.6% (mass fraction)] according to Mo93.4% (mass fraction), then ground by a ball mill for 1 hour, pressurized to form, and put into an induction furnace. In hydrogen gas flow, calcining at 1350-1500°C for 1h, and then cooling, pulverizing and grinding the calcined product to obtain the product. Molybdenum trioxide or molybdenum dioxide can also be used instead of molybdenum powder for reduction to obtain molybdenum carbide.
Applications of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Molybdenum carbide is a new functional material with a high melting point, high hardness and excellent anti-corrosion properties. It has been widely used in various high temperature, abrasion and chemical corrosion fields. It has a similar noble metal electronic structure and catalytic performance.
1. Due to its electronic structure and catalytic performance similar to noble metals, molybdenum carbide can be widely used as a catalyst for reactions involving hydrogens, such as the isomerization of alkanes, the hydrogenation of unsaturated hydrocarbons, hydrodesulfurization and denitrification;
2. Molybdenum carbide is an important component of molybdenum-molybdenum carbide hard coatings and other cermet coatings, and can also be used alone as a wear-resistant and wear-resistant coating;
2. Molybdenum carbide is widely used in hydrogen-related reactions such as alkanes;
3. Molybdenum carbide can be used to produce chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics;
4. Molybdenum carbide is used as super-hard tool material, wear-resistant material, heating element material and high-temperature structural material;
5. Molybdenum carbide is used to produce wear-resistant films and semiconductor films;
6. Molybdenum carbide can be used to make chromium-free special alloys and engineering ceramics.
Storage Condition of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
Damp reunion will affect Mo2C powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the Mo2C powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depends on the Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder quantity.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder packing: vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Molybdenum Carbide Mo2C Powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including boride powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, sulfide powder, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality Mo2C powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Molybdenum Carbide Properties
|Other Names||dimolybdenum carbide, Mo2C powder|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
Molybdenum Carbide Health & Safety Information
Europe has been facing the gas shortage problem since the second half of 2021. The worsening situation in Russia and Ukraine has reduced Russian gas shipments to Europe, leading to a doubling of European gas prices. Energy shortages have sent electricity prices soaring. For these reasons, it is predicted that the price of the Mo2C Powder will continue to increase.
To study the problem of collapse mode cracking in the cast-in-place foam concrete wall, using ordinary Portland cement, fly ash, and self-made composite foaming agent as the primary raw materials, the admixtures (there are two kinds of admixtures) we…
Prices in the national electricity market averaged $87 per megawatt-hour in the first three months of the year, above the level promised by the federal government. Wholesale electricity prices for industry and large businesses have already exceeded t…
This article introduces how to make foam cement and how to choose materials including cement and foaming agent.…